why doesn't anythin download!!!!

Discussion in 'Linux' started by taya_debanks123, Dec 26, 2008.

1. taya_debanks123

taya_debanks123

i really need help before going mad!
    i can go on pages fine and everything is perfect... but i have tried to download MSN and it comes up with install on their page so i click install but a little box comes up with what it is called and its loading.. at the end it says open or remove so i click open and nothing happens so i right click and go to the downloads file. and try and open it and it will not open. it stays in download file and does not open or anything. i can not use the one that is already on the home page as i am on hotmail and it says it doesnt support it.
    please can someone help???? x

taya_debanks123, Dec 26, 2008
  2. taya_debanks123

Ballistic

You cannot download the Windows version to run on an AA1 with Linux installed. You either need the Linux version or an account that will work on the built in messenger.

Ballistic, Dec 26, 2008
  3. taya_debanks123

reignd

reignd, Dec 26, 2008
  4. taya_debanks123

charlie01

If your trying to download an instant messanger,,,The AA1 comes with one on it that supports all the messangers out there.
    Its pretty easy to set up.

charlie01, Dec 26, 2008
  5. taya_debanks123

daldred

I have a hotmail ID and the built-in Messenger supports it quite happily. You have run all the updates, haven't you?

(If not, you've fallen foul of Microsoft's policy of changing Messenger protocols every so often to try to force people to use their software. You need the updates to benefit from Linux programmers working to catch up with M$'s shenanigans).

daldred, Dec 26, 2008
Ask a Question