Wifi/Bluetooth Card for OSx86 & Linux?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by PrincessNybor, Oct 4, 2008.

1. PrincessNybor

PrincessNybor

Greetings! I have found pieces of info on this topic in various places, but have a specific question for my purposes here.

I have a 250 gig hard drive and 1.5 gigs of RAM installed in my A150, and I am very interested in multi-booting. However, I had nothing but headaches with wireless under Ubuntu. I would also like to try out some other Linux distros, and perhaps play with OSx86 on this unit.

Are there any wireless cards known to work natively under both Linux and OSx86? Any chance of a wireless card that also supports the new N standard? How about Bluetooth (or am I pushing my luck)? ;)

PrincessNybor, Oct 4, 2008
  2. PrincessNybor

melhiore

Intel cards: native support from 2.6.27 probably - all drivers included in Kernel,
    Atheros cards: Mandriva and Ubuntu/Kubuntu/Xubuntu with ath5 will support all of them.

I have Intel 5300 Wireless which is 802.11 a b g n and it's working perfect - uses three antennas...

Bluetooth. You mean separate unit (USBN dongle) or card integrated with Wi-Fi?? In case of separate devices look at this: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=789&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=bluetooth

There are some combo miniPCIe cards but at the moment they work only with MSI laptops: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3578&p=31358&hilit=combo#p31358

melhiore, Oct 4, 2008
Ask a Question