WiFi Disconnects Intermittently?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by triplecore, Oct 18, 2008.

1. triplecore

triplecore

After leaving the Aspire One on for a few hours and say on AIM, does anyone else's WiFi drop out and require a full shutdown to re-enable it? A restart does not work you must full shutdown and manually power it back on.

triplecore, Oct 18, 2008
  2. triplecore

anguaji

hey there! i have that problem too, but mine doesn't mind going into sleep and coming out of it, so i was thinking that it's something to do with network manager restarting or similar.

very strange. are you on win or linux?

i'm on the 120gb 512mb linux version...

anguaji, Oct 18, 2008
  3. triplecore

hjongste

I have heard of the problem with others but my A110 has no problem coming out of hibernation an reconnecting.

hjongste, Oct 18, 2008
  4. triplecore

nchntr

mine drops out then reconnects. I notice during large file transfers (which must be restarted) and also randomly a few times a nite Internet explorer will go into Offline mode. It reconnects immediatly but the cause is as yet TBD. I have adjusted my settings for power (allow this device to wake computer) i cant seem to find the power setting (always on) in my device driver advanced settings.

nchntr, Oct 18, 2008
  5. triplecore

triplecore

Me to always on and consume most power. I am running XP Pro with stock 120gb hdd, ram and everything is stock. Since another member running linux has a similiar issue; do you think we have bad hardware?

triplecore, Oct 18, 2008
  6. triplecore

Matthewsone

My wifi drops out sometimes too. the other day not even a reboot fixed it. wouldnt show up in device manager..nothing.. i thought it was dead then the thing worked the next day. I sure hope we can put in a new card.. i havent opened up a laptop before but have built many a desktop..

Matthewsone, Oct 19, 2008
  7. triplecore

midwinter

Mine does this too. Has anyone tried the new Wifi drivers? I downloaded them, but I have no idea how to install them!

midwinter, Oct 19, 2008
  8. triplecore

judeh101

could the wifi card be overheating? is that why?
    Never happens to me, even when using Ubuntu Netbook Remix, Linpus, Windows XP, or vista.

judeh101, Oct 19, 2008
  9. triplecore

triplecore

Its does it even more now!!!. I have to do a full shutdown to get it to work again

triplecore, Nov 8, 2008
  10. triplecore

triplecore

it was a hardware malfunction sent the laptop to Acer Support and it works like a charm now.

triplecore, Nov 28, 2008
Ask a Question