wifi doesn't work on school network

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by atomisslow, Oct 1, 2009.

1. atomisslow

atomisslow

So I got my 751 the other day and so far all is well. I can connect to my home wifi fine. My schools unencrypted network doesn't work at all though. It will connect, get an IP, and I can see other computers on the network, but no internet. It gets stuck at "identifying". Any ideas? I've already tried the standard inconfig stuff, disabling the card, reinstalling drivers, rebooting, etc. Windows 7 BTW.

atomisslow, Oct 1, 2009
  2. atomisslow

Felix[GER]

If it works on other places, i guess it´s a settings-issue. Can you compare your Win7 Wifi settings with others?

Btw. i use my 751 for the University with some crazy, nerd-driven WPA2-Enterprise certificates. I´m 100% sure that your un-ecrypted school wifi will work.

Felix[GER], Oct 2, 2009
  3. atomisslow

atomisslow

I was googling around yesterday and found a posting from someone saying that he downloaded the windows update for the atheros driver and it broke his wifi. I figured the update might have something to do with the odd "virtual wifi" listing under device manager so I uninstalled that but left the atheros and what do you know, I connect at school fine now.

Now if only I could OC this damn thing... 1.45ghz crashed OCCT in 11 minutes :(

atomisslow, Oct 2, 2009
Ask a Question