WiFi Hacker Software

Discussion in 'Networking' started by vinaya, Jun 12, 2016.

1. vinaya

vinaya

Recently, while searching online I stumbled upon a software that claimed to hack wifi password. Does this kind of wifi hacker actually work? Can wifi be actually hacked through a software?

vinaya, Jun 12, 2016
  2. vinaya

richj8am30

Wi-Fi can be hacked but it is not as simple as pushing a button. You will need some sort of knowledge of the people who you are hacking in order to crack the code and have their password. Do not trust any type of software that sounds like it is too good to be true, especially if information is required of you as well.

richj8am30, Jun 13, 2016
  3. vinaya

Vash

Stay away from those software claim to be able to get free WiFi access for you. Not only most of them do not work, you might get hacked yourself.
    It is also illegal to hack into someone's WiFi.

Nowadays, you can get free WiFi at a lot of public places. Even without WiFi, you can use your cellphone to start a hotspot for the same purpose. Why would you want to hack into someone's WiFi anyway?

Vash, Jun 13, 2016
    Corzhens likes this.
  4. vinaya

Corzhens

You are right. Stay away from those kind of software for it might be a trap. There is a high probability that it would be sending their website some information about your computer when you run the app or software. A hacking software is not that simple to write so why would they give it for free? Besides, what do you get when you hack a wifi network for the password? Just the delight of getting one over the neighbor? And not to be preachy but hacking is against the morals, right?

Corzhens, Jun 13, 2016
  5. vinaya

sparkster

Well, yes it is possible and yes there is software you can get which can help you achieve this but, as others said above, it's not something I would recommend doing or messing around with. You need to know what you are doing and a lot of the software you can get for this type of thing is usually malicious and you're going to be running it on your own computer. That's not good. It is, however, possible to use such software applications to hack Wi-Fi networks something like up to 500 miles away. Probably more these days.

sparkster, Jun 13, 2016
  6. vinaya

vinaya

I did not ask the question because I wanted t9o hack someone's wifi.I just wanted to know if the software claiming to hack wif actually works.

vinaya, Jun 15, 2016
  7. vinaya

sparkster

Indeed, I primarily know the OP as a writer/author from many other websites and he certainly doesn't strike me as the sort of person who would want to go round attempting to hack other people's WiFi networks. I think his question was more from the point of view of someone who wants to know if it's possible for other people to hack his own WiFi network and therefore may want to take security measures in order to prevent that from happening, which makes sense. I think those type of software applications use your IP address to work out your router's MAC address or something to that effect so that the user can spoof your connection and access your internet.

sparkster, Jun 15, 2016
  8. vinaya

Sefie

It worked for me on the old tablet I had, but this kind of thing comes with risks. Not worth the risk if you ask me, better do like me and pay for a cheap plan... so you get internet on your mobile :) Is not expensive at all where I live.

Sefie, Jun 15, 2016
  9. vinaya

obliviousme

I haven't tried hacking someone's wifi password myself, i don't think it's that simple so i just didn't bother looking up the how-to's online. I'm not sure if it's work the risk, if you're a heavy internet user and you're hacking someone's limited wifi usage, then the owner will probably figure out sooner or later someone's illegally connecting to her network. Her Internet provider will surely know you're involvement.

obliviousme, Jun 16, 2016
Ask a Question