WIFI LED not lighting up

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Warnsey, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Warnsey

Warnsey

Hi ,

Does anyone else have this issue ? The first of the two wifi LEDs on my Acer One is not lighting up at all. This is the LED on the left of the silver WIFI button. the one on the ight is showing no problem

should the one on the left even show ? i am guessing it would light green or something

could be a faulty led or loose cable from the motherboard i guess. the acer i have is running winxp sp3 with 1.5gb and 120hdd and apart from this is pretty much flawless. i've taken the unit apart a couple of times to insert ram etc so i might have another look under the hood again to see if i can see something - or perhaps this is just software ?

the light never worked even when first unpacked and i noticed the same thing on another unit i bought a week earlier which was the linux model

: |

Warnsey, Sep 22, 2008
  2. Warnsey

rcb

Yup, for what it's worth, I bought the blue 512MB linux model 3 days ago, have not taken it apart at all (yet ;) the SODIMM is on order!) and the WiFi switch light to the left of the grapic never does anything on mine either.

I have to say that I love my aa1 but the quality of the wifi switch and the accompanying lights is a little questionable. Feels like something I'd find on one of my son's plastic toys. Whilst other bits like the anodised screen hinges or the rest of the case feel positively luxurious by comparison. Smacks of the 'designed by comittee' approach seen in a lot of things I think.

rcb, Sep 23, 2008
  3. Warnsey

yodersj

The general guess is that the left LED will work for those that get the 3G option. And the switch would therefore be multi-function for turning wireless on/off and 3G on/off. I don't know anything for certain, but I only have wireless and the left LED has never lit (owner for 1 month).

yodersj, Sep 23, 2008
Ask a Question