Wifi LED works in Rawhide (Fedora 11.90)

Discussion in 'Linux' started by RockDoctor, Jul 2, 2009.

1. RockDoctor

RockDoctor

Running Fedora 11 partially updated to Rawhide with kernel 2.6.31-0.38.rc1.git7.fc12.i586.

Wifi works (NetworkManager, wpa-encrypted connection), and the LEDto the right of the wifi switch actually blinks..

Webcam works (cheese).

Sound works. gst-mixer shows only two output channels (Master and PCM), but alsamixer -c 0 also shows a channel labelled "Beep" Maxing out the volume on the Beep channel seems to truly max the AA1's speaker volume.

Card slots work, even if no SD card is inserted at boot.

The latest version of grub (grub-0.97-52.fc12.i586) does not need a separate ext3 partition for /boot

Not bad

RockDoctor, Jul 2, 2009
  2. RockDoctor

Scottc

Ahhhh RockDoctor,

Always moving the bar up eh?

I have just gotten (about 2 weeks ago) my AA1 up and stabilized on Fed 11 with everything working so well, (sound, card reader, webcam etc) all the little things that were missing in Fed 10, and then got my desktop (Vista) set up to dual boot Fed 11 with all the DangerMouse tweeks and suddenly you remind me that the WiFi light doesn't work on the AA1.

I had almost forgotten/not noticed that among all the successes.

Oh well, keep on tweekin' eh?

:D

Scottc, Jul 18, 2009
  3. RockDoctor

yavinmaster

:D Just noticed that my Wifi LED has started to work on my F11 install. I guess that one of the recent updates has fixed it.

yavinmaster, Sep 15, 2009
  4. RockDoctor

meine

hi there!

today (sept 15 2009) I discovered that my right wifi-led flashes, apparently when accessing my network. it works just with F11 and all the regular updates. when all too busy however -- sdd light burning constantly -- it doesn't.

uname -a reveals
    Code:
    Linux netbook.meine 2.6.30.5-43.fc11.i586 #1 SMP Thu Aug 27 21:18:54 EDT 2009 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
    I use the F11 mod as described in http://jorge.fbarr.net/2009/06/11/fedor ... spire-one/ except the "removing journaling" part.

Meine

meine, Sep 15, 2009
Ask a Question