WiFi problem after Fedora update

Discussion in 'Networking' started by aa1983, Dec 14, 2008.

1. aa1983

aa1983

I have an AAO running the stock Linpus OS. I recently used "sudo yum install fedora-release" so I could install the latest version of VLC. Unfortunately, using the latest Fedora repositories seems to have broken my WiFi somehow. My AAO doesn't even recognize that it has a WiFi card now -- when I look under Settings/System/Networks, it does not even recognize the wireless card (it says "WiFi: N/A").

Does anyone have an idea about what happened or how I can go about fixing this?

aa1983, Dec 14, 2008
  2. aa1983

RockDoctor

I suspect you updated your kernel. Take a look in /boot to see if you've got two versions of vmlinuz and initrd. The linpus versions are something like vmlinuz-2.6.23... and initrd-2.6.23... If you've still got them on your system, just edit /boot/grub/grub.conf to point to them instead ofto the newer versions.

RockDoctor, Dec 15, 2008
  3. aa1983

aa1983

Thanks for the help. I was actually just opening grub.conf and saw that the problem had resolved itself and wifi was working again. I have no idea what happened -- I had restarted three or four times trying to fix the problem and the wireless card still wasn't being recognized, so I don't know what was different this time.

aa1983, Dec 15, 2008
Ask a Question