Wifi Problems

Discussion in 'Linux' started by magnumopus, Mar 6, 2010.

1. magnumopus

magnumopus

Hi,

IS anyone else experiencing problems keeping a connection with 9.11 UNR? Until recently I was able to get a couple of hours out if it before disconnection, however now it can be as little as 10 minutes. Also my other computers have always remained connected so I know it is a problem with the One, and not the net connection.

The problem is getting worse and is driving me nuts, so any tips would be most welcome.

Best,

rod

magnumopus, Mar 6, 2010
  2. magnumopus

vpnavy

Sorry to ask but what is 9.11 UNR? I tried searching the net and the only hit I got was UNR Gateway at University of Nevada.

vpnavy, Mar 6, 2010
  3. magnumopus

enkidu

Netbook Remix, a version of Ubuntu specially designed for small netbook screens. Personally, I think it sucks, but my opinion is worth no more than the guy who loves it.

enkidu, Mar 7, 2010
  4. magnumopus

vpnavy

vpnavy, Mar 7, 2010
  5. magnumopus

magnumopus

Hi, thanks. I will give these a go.

I already found one tip in the past useful which disabled auto maximise of all windows, this has made UNR atleast a bit better.

cheers,

rod

magnumopus, Mar 7, 2010
  6. magnumopus

Ibidem

In Lucid Alpha2/Beta1, same thing. I switched to madwifi (built February version of madwifi-hal from source...) and it works better.

Ibidem, Apr 9, 2010
Ask a Question