wifi switch

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Tblove, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Tblove

Tblove

I have a loose and rattling wifi switch on my three day old Aspire One.Wifi is working great but my concern is if the switch is working now.I understand you can turn off wifi with this switch but when I attempt to do so nothing happens.As anyone had a simular situation?Is there away to inable and disable wifi without this switch?

Tblove, Nov 10, 2008
  2. Tblove

clc4912

You could simply right click the wireless icon in the system tray and select disable.

The switch itself is not a problem if it is a little loose. It is just a piece of plastic that rides in a groove of theinternal switch. It may be a little loose. As long as the switch is working Iwould not worry about it. From what you are saying, the switch itself is not working. Once you slide the switch and release, it should disable the wireless and enable the wireless upon activating the switch again.

clc4912, Nov 10, 2008
  3. Tblove

Tblove

Thanks for the reply.For some reason the switch started working.I rt clicked the wifi icon to disable and restored in device mgr.Now I see the Disable and Enable text on the screen when I move the switch.I guess all is working now.

Tblove, Nov 10, 2008
  4. Tblove

MiniDrivr

My 3 day old Acer One seems to be doing the same thing.

The switch is hard to move all the way to the right, but moving it doesn't do anything. The wireless device doesn't enable/disable by moving it. I can right click on the icon and disable/enable it but it would be nice if that switch worked. I can feel the spring/resistance in the switch.

MiniDrivr, Nov 16, 2008
Ask a Question