Will an 8mm thick HDD fit inside AOA110 ?

Discussion in 'Storage' started by Stuee, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Stuee

Stuee

Hi again,
    I've been looking for the fastest internal storage option for my AOA110-Ab, which is due for delivery. It's the one with 8GB SSD - wish I'd noticed that before committing :roll:
    It seems that nearly all the 1.8" ZIF hard drives are 4,200rpm, however there are a few bigger drives that run at 5,400rpm - the only trouble is that they are 8mm deep instead of 5mm.

Does anyone know whether there is room for one of these 8mm drives inside my netbook? If not, is there a possible mod to allow it, or a better idea for fast internal storage?

Many thanks in advance, Stuee

Stuee, Sep 11, 2009
  2. Stuee

Stuee

What, nobody knows? Nobody's even tried a bigger drive in an AOA110? Nobody?! ;)

Stuee, Sep 14, 2009
  3. Stuee

adeon

a 8mm 1.8HDD will fit fine into the a110.

you will have to make some modifications to the case, but it is really simple.

i had samsung HS122JC 1.8inch (120GB) in my a110 before i added a sata port, I now have a western digital 320GB.

you can fit a stadard 2.5 inch notebook harddrive, but with major alterations to the case.

I now have the 1.8 for sale, or may use it for the wii. thinking about fitting that thing in the wii itself. if I can find room in it. :p

adeon, Sep 14, 2009
Ask a Question