Will Installing XP incapacitate recovery?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by jvr, Dec 9, 2008.

1. jvr

jvr

Hey,
    I'm running an AAO with limpus and it seems rather frustratingly tricky to get Xp on there easily so I'm starting to contemplate just throwing XP on there but i cant find anywhere info as to weather this will stop me from being able to runt he recovery to get linpus back on there when I have this dual boot shin dig sorted.

So if anyone knows, will it still be possible to run the recovery after putting XP on there or shall I think about a ghost?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated :)

Best regards

-Chris Jvr

jvr, Dec 9, 2008
  2. jvr

rbil

I believe that Acer's Recovery system essentially writes the image to the SSD drive. This would indicate that it would entirely wipe out anything you have installed there, replacing it with Linpus and Linpus's required partitions, etc.

Cheers.

rbil, Dec 10, 2008
  3. jvr

jvr

That sounds good if i want to work my way back to default (aka when I mess it all up nicely) :p
    I'm onto a promising lead though for duel booting it, if it works out (could prove to be an easy method) i'll share :D

Cheers

-Jvr

jvr, Dec 10, 2008
Ask a Question