Win 7 recovery fail

Discussion in 'Windows' started by HeKenZo, Sep 28, 2010.

1. HeKenZo

HeKenZo

Had to do erecovery on my brand new(one week and few days from now) 532h-2dr with win7 starter licence sticker... i had it upgraded to ultimate and after the erecovery the computer didnt boot up anymore it went to error message so i recevered again and again like 10 or more times and in the end i had such a anger in me so i rage-full formatted my hdd and installed win xp what i had at my home. Heres the question: Can somebody give me instructions how to install win7 starter WITH erecovery partition. Or is there any kind of recovery cd for that? Or just how to install a partition with erecovery?

HeKenZo, Sep 28, 2010
  2. HeKenZo

Orbiting234

Your recovery partition will no longer work since you've lost the original Acer master book record (MBR) that allows it.

What you should have done when you first got the system was run the eRecovery program in Windows along with a USB DVD burner and allowed it to make DVD backups of the recovery partition which would have made anything you do to the system completely recoverable to stock by using those discs instead of the partition.

Orbiting234, Sep 30, 2010
Ask a Question