Windows 2008

Discussion in 'Windows' started by tdotshack, Jan 11, 2009.

1. tdotshack

tdotshack

i am the only one that has tried this? :lol:

it installed very successfully over PXE boot with windows deployment services and appears to be running faster than XP
    used the vista drivers listed here and they all work great

tdotshack, Jan 11, 2009
  2. tdotshack

Stu

Indeed it does work. You can also activate the Vista type desktop services to make a faster running client than Vista itself :D

Stu, Jan 11, 2009
  3. tdotshack

tdotshack

it seems faster than XP already
    cant compare it to vista as i havnt tried vista on my acer, but considering its stripped down further than vista i can only assume it would be faster
    battery life seems same as xp, feels like the device runs a little hotter but i havnt used it extensively yet

tdotshack, Jan 12, 2009
  4. tdotshack

Nemix

Why bother when Windows 7 is coming out.

They also had Windows 2003 but no one cares about Server/NT editions unless of course you're a Network Administrator and/or using you computer as a network server but you'd be better off with Linux for such purpose anyways... :lol:

Nemix, Jan 12, 2009
  5. tdotshack

tdotshack

just because my whole network runs 2008 i figured id use it on my acer too
    plus 2003 ran much better and was much much more stable than XP, so i figured 2008 would be a better choice than vista
    im not going to consider windows 7 for some time now, because firstly i dont want to play with betas on a work machine (i primarily use my acer with visual studio 2008) and second theyre discontinuing 32 bit server operating systems for servers, and some of my servers are still 32 bit (which also means 2008 will be the last server OS to run on the acer)

tdotshack, Jan 12, 2009
Ask a Question