Windows 7 Advise...

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Eosblue, Oct 21, 2009.

1. Eosblue

Eosblue

I'm sitting here with my 751H stock computer (upgraded to 2GB) with Windows XP and it's running fine. I just received an email that my Windows 7 Home Premium disk is on the way and I'm thinking of switching my Acer to Win 7.

I'm wondering what the best method would be? Is there a dual boot option for the full Win 7 edition? I realize there was that option for Win 7 RC edition and I'm thinking that might be the best approach to installing Win 7. I've been around the "computer track" several times (building, etc), but I don't want to get into tracking down a bunch of drivers, etc to make Win 7 work on my Acer. If I was able to go the dual boot route AND Win 7 worked fine for what I want (mainly surfing the internet and light Excel lifting), I would then can XP.

Will the Win 7 installation find all the drivers I need for operation with my Acer? Do I need to upgrade the BIOS in order to install Win 7?

If there is going to be problems with installing Win 7 on my Acer, I'll just stick with XP.

Eosblue, Oct 21, 2009
Ask a Question