windows 7 beta 7000

Discussion in 'Windows' started by aphrony, Dec 28, 2008.

1. aphrony

t33r3x

i installed Win7 with the 3309 bios. I've had no such problems.

t33r3x, Jan 2, 2009
  2. aphrony

lordfoul

Has any one been able to get the Intel GMA driver features functional? Such as keeping the image centered and no screen stretching when using a 800x600 program. This is the only thing missing in Win 7 everything else works great for me.

lordfoul, Jan 2, 2009
  3. aphrony

Stu

Stu, Jan 2, 2009
  4. aphrony

Tamrac

That's the key right there.... install Windows 7 AFTER upgrading the BIOS. The reason for this is that during installation, the OS will read the BIOS for info.... on some occasions upgrading the BIOS after an OS install will cause errors, since the BIOS info will now be different. Cheers. ;)

Tamrac, Jan 3, 2009
  5. aphrony

themediaman

I agree that you should update your BIOS before installing Windows 7, but just to alleviate any fears I had an older BIOS (I didn't check which version - sorry) and updated to 3309 without any effect on the OS.

themediaman, Jan 5, 2009
  6. aphrony

gregedwards

Could someone enlighten me as to how to get the card reader working. I've tried using the XP drivers as the Vista installation thread but they don't want to work. BTW, using this with a Sony Memory Stick Pro if it makes any difference.

Also, do I need to install the Intel chipset drivers as Vista too?

gregedwards, Jan 7, 2009
  7. aphrony

Nemix

Is Windows 7 a resource hog like Vista?

I've heard it runs better than XP and Vista...

Source: http://www.osnews.com/story/20720/_quot ... ista_quot_

But does it fair well on the Aspire One with 1GB ram?

If it runs anything like XP and/or faster with low system resources I'm buying the full version when released.

Nemix, Jan 7, 2009
  8. aphrony

hemplacrosse49

I'm not going to lie, I am extremely happy that the reviews for Windows 7 are really good. I was just about to give up on Windows and switch to a different OS. Mostly because I feel like Windows is just bloated with tons of stuff that you don't want and you don't even know it's on your computer! Has anyone switched to Windows 7 7000 to their only OS? I was thinking about getting rid of XP but not sure to switch over yet because it's just a beta and I wouldn't want to come across a problem where I can't use/download something because it's just a beta. But anyways I will definitely be buying the new OS when the official one comes out if I keep hearing nothing but good news. Could Windows be making a come back?!?!

hemplacrosse49, Jan 7, 2009
  9. aphrony

Stu

Windows 7 is the only OS on my netbook, but then again I bought it for that purpose.

I have plenty of other machines with other OS's on to use as well. I really wouldn't recommend relying on only having a beta version of any OS to use.

Stu, Jan 7, 2009
  10. aphrony

DynaMight

I wont be going Win7 only on my notebook quite yet, I found it a little slower than XP so hopefully they will tweak it a little more but I will probably wait until its RTM then theres a good chance I'll install it full time :)

I am extremely tempted to install it on my main desktop PC, it is lightning quick and I had zero problems with drivers etc.

I found (on my desktop PC compared to 64bit Vista running the same programs etc) that Vista used about 1.1GB of memory whereas Win7 uses about 750MB, so its a good improvement. Although when I had it on the Acer it only used about 500-600MB.

DynaMight, Jan 7, 2009
  11. aphrony

lohtse

Well I installed this and then uninstalled it as got sick of wifi working then not working and only way was to either reboot or reinstall drivers.....

I like the look and feel of win 7 just need it to functional on wifi. so if anyone has a fix let me know and will reinstall for another try.

regards
    Andrew

lohtse, Jan 7, 2009
  12. aphrony

Stu

If you use the install setup file make sure you do it under run as administrator.

Otherwise it will install and work, but on a reboot not load up properly.

Stu, Jan 7, 2009
  13. aphrony

lohtse

Err setup file.......

In use the inf drive files to install them

regards
    Andrew

lohtse, Jan 7, 2009
  14. aphrony

shendox

I'm becoming error in the end of installation process: "windows can't configure hardware". I've installed all drivers from acer before start of installation process, but every time comes the same error. Have someone seen this problem?

device: aa1 150a

P.S. sorry for my english :oops:

shendox, Jan 8, 2009
  15. aphrony

Zetsubou

anoyone else having problem with firefox? For me it keeps going into safe mode.

Zetsubou, Jan 8, 2009
  16. aphrony

jasoraso

Firefox is working fine for me ...

Having problems with: wi-fi and configuring Outlook for my exchange server (Sherweb is my provided). I just switched to 1and1 for my Exchange Server Hosting and it works ... Sherweb said they wouldn't support a beta product :(

going to try reinstalling the wi-fi drivers as administrator ..

jasoraso, Jan 8, 2009
  17. aphrony

jasoraso

actually - I am having problems with Firefox today ... wonder if an update changed something??

jasoraso, Jan 8, 2009
  18. aphrony

kjoe

Can someone post the memory footprint as reported by task manager on a clean windows 7 boot with no apps loaded?

Also does the current A1ctl app work (at least the fan control part of it)?

Thanks!

kjoe, Jan 9, 2009
  19. aphrony

jaydon34

Window 7 Beta memory usage - After a reboot. I accidentely opened chrome then quickly shut it down. So memory usage may be even less.

[​IMG]

jaydon34, Jan 9, 2009
  20. aphrony

mercado79

A1ctl works. I just had a hard time getting it started. Stupid mscomctl error. I posted the solution I found in the A1ctl thread. Also, I haven't figured out how to get it to auto start with Windows.

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=6063&start=90

mercado79, Jan 9, 2009
Ask a Question