windows 7 beta 7000

Discussion in 'Windows' started by aphrony, Dec 28, 2008.

1. aphrony

mercado79

I didn't have any problems with drivers installing. Everything was detected (though maybe not with the best/latest drivers). The only issue for me was getting the correct Webcam drivers installed and the Card Reader drivers. I followed the instructions someone posted earlier (from the Vista installation guide).

As for wifi, I swapped out the original for one of the Dell cards that are compatible with OS X. (I've got problems...it's an addiction really. So far, Windows XP, Vista, 7, OS X Leopard, Linpus, Ubuntu, Mandriva, OpenSUSE...).

You should look into different Wifi drivers. There are several in the Drivers section. I think these are the latest:

Atheros Driver(7.6.1.170)
    viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7798

Lastly, no problems with Firefox for me either. Windows 7 seems to run great!

mercado79, Jan 9, 2009
  2. aphrony

gposey717

I installed Windows 7 today Dual boot with XP ND IT WORKS Perfect faster than XP i got
    a 2.2 on the expirence test
    All the hardware is the sae i have 1 gb of ram and a 120gb hard drive

gposey717, Jan 10, 2009
  3. aphrony

Ranger Wolf

Well installed Windows 7 today. got it from official Microsoft website today.

So far my impressions are that its a strong and durable OS... now time to try out stress testing :lol:

While i understand this is Ultimate version, the ram usage on this is extremely high. for those of us with 1 gig, open up IE and half your ram is in use. Thats no good for an operating system. if i ever use this on a laptop or desktop, I'll make sure it has 2 gigs of ram minimum. The Intel Atom seems to hold its own in Windows 7, but i wonder how much faster it runs on a nice dual core instead.

All in all, i think this is what MS should have released 2 years ago, instead of Vista. maybe they finally understand that if the consumer isn't happy, they lose money!

Ranger Wolf, Jan 10, 2009
  4. aphrony

toxzic

i to just installed 7000, runs great, everything was installed except the wifi driver. looked at this post, found the one i needed, installed and rebooted. done deal, works great and is ******* awesome! btw, look in the forsale to check out this pc for trade or sale!

PS. Im new here so hello everybody! maybe i will like this little guy after all, not sure yet! but i do want a full size laptop!

toxzic, Jan 10, 2009
  5. aphrony

maltloaf

what does the installer do with the bootloader ? at the moment i have a darwin bootloader which i can select windows or osx from. I'll be installing win7 as soon as the download finishes

maltloaf, Jan 10, 2009
  6. aphrony

Zetsubou

it overwrites it.

Zetsubou, Jan 10, 2009
  7. aphrony

maltloaf

as i've discovered lol, im having real troubles with the install at the moment. The install fails saying something about files missing or corrupt and it's already killed the bootloader so im getting bootmgr is missing message. I've tried reburning etc and no good. I think my iso image may be bad :(

Going to dig out my vista disc now to try and repair the bootloader

maltloaf, Jan 10, 2009
Ask a Question