Windows 7 Bootup lag

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by xanadu2000, Aug 1, 2009.

1. xanadu2000

xanadu2000

For those of us who have had problems with the boot up lag on Windows 7 for the AO751H, FYI...

• I just reinstalled Windows 7 on the netbook. There was no lag.
    • I uninstalled a few Windows 7 components I know I wouldn't use, such as Media Center and Remote Desktop. Reboot with no lag.
    • I updated ALL important / optional items on Windows Update. No lag.
    • I installed MS Office 2007. No lag.

That's where I stand now. I have NOT installed any antivirus yet, any Acer-provided programs (such as webcam software), nor updated MS Office 2007 yet. So far so good, though... It's quite snappy again.

xanadu2000, Aug 1, 2009
  2. xanadu2000

RLeary

So to clarify, you did a clean install of Windows 7 RC1 and it cleared the blank bootup lag?

So we still don't know the original cause... hmm.

RLeary, Aug 11, 2009
  3. xanadu2000

Eosblue

When you installed Win 7, did you manually have to install any drivers? While I have no desire to put the RC version on my Acer, I'm thinking of going that route when Win 7 is released in Oct.

I'm a little leery of trying the RC version. I have it running on my desktop and it occasionally locks up when the computer is inactive. I turned the sleep mode off and thought that would correct my problem, but lately even with sleep off, it still locks up. Very annoying. I've been told that the Oct version will correct this problem.

Eosblue, Aug 22, 2009
  4. xanadu2000

Tamrac

Win7 will work flawlessly with the AAO, and most other netbooks with the Atom 1.6 and GMA 945 combination... By all means install the RC version, no need to install any driver at all. I'm using build 7077(w/c is even older) almost everyday, and it has not locked up on me ever. Cheers. :)

Tamrac, Aug 22, 2009
  5. xanadu2000

xanadu2000

Still no lag issues. I did NOT manually install any drivers -- just whatever Microsoft pushed out for Win7. The RC has been working flawlessly.

xanadu2000, Aug 27, 2009
Ask a Question