Windows 7 Build 7022 leaked!

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Lass3, Feb 9, 2009.

1. Lass3

Lass3

Yup, its out. leaked by some friendly microsoft workers from Ukraina.
    I am going to install it next week, as there are vactions in Norway, and i will have time to install the programs needed for my school work.
    I will post my experience later on.
    I guess i cant post a direct link, but it is on mininova!

Updates 7000-7022
    1. The new sidebar color that was shown in previous screenshots. See below…
    2. New Paint, as we saw in previous screenshots. See below…
    3. HomeGroup gets a new icon. See below…
    4. IE8 updated to RC1
    5. Faster search in startmenu, instant.
    6. General higher stability in OS
    7. New animations when moving between things in Windows Explorer
    8. Desktop Gadget Gallery is the new name for Sidebar. It gets a new icon!
    [​IMG]

But dont get fooled by the build 7025, it is not genuine. 7022 is the latest genuine release.

Lasse

Lass3, Feb 9, 2009
  2. Lass3

Shad0wguy

Why wouldn't Microsoft push this as an update for those of us using build 7000?

Shad0wguy, Feb 9, 2009
  3. Lass3

tankster

MS feature locks different releases to keep trouble shooting easier. 7022 is an internal MS build (MS will update their internal builds on a daily basis during testing). while 7000 is the official Beta1, there are no plans for a Beta2 or Beta3 as older versions of Windows have seen in the past. MS's rationale for this is the stability of Win7 Beta1 (for comparison, Vista Beta1 was atrocious).

MS will be skipping any future beta releases and moving onto RC1 (release candidate).

After RC1, expect a RTM (release to mfg) announcement.

tankster, Feb 9, 2009
  4. Lass3

AdFad666

I installed 7022 after I broke my 7000 installation, and have been running it the past couple of days. It does feel a little bit quicker than 7000 but it's also not as stable, as it never recieved the bug fixing process the beta had before release.

The main change I've noticed is in aero basic mode (my One is faulty and doesn't run aero properly) the colour scheme has been tweaked to make some things a bit clearer, which was actually one of the things I wrote to MS about using the 'send feedback' links within 7000.

I've had a couple of problems when I've played music. I was streaming audio in media player, when it crashed and took explorer and the shell with it. I could open the start menu but no explorer screens would show, nor would it shut down so I had to do a hard reset.

A similar thing happened using Winamp and local files, but I managed to initiate reboot, although I got a BSOD and it hard reset itself. That's the first time i've gotten a BSOD through normal use of any MS operating system since before SP1 on windows XP, beta or otherwise, which I think is pretty good going!

Other than that it seems mainly a polishing up job, fonctionality wise it's the same, so if you've got a 7000 install you're happy with there's absolutely no reason to switch.

AdFad666, Feb 13, 2009
  5. Lass3

jackluo923

Were you by any chance playing mp3 files?

jackluo923, Feb 13, 2009
  6. Lass3

sav2880

Does 7022 work with the existing serial numbers that we got in the beta?

sav2880, Feb 13, 2009
  7. Lass3

tankster

it might, but with RC1 just around the corner, not sure its worth.

tankster, Feb 13, 2009
  8. Lass3

AdFad666

actually no, the stream was wma format (streams from di.fm) and the second time was FLAC. However I've not had any problems with music while I'm continuously using my One. Both previous problems happened when I'd left the musc playig while I'd gone to sleep, so it was idle. This leads me to believe it could have been interference with some background process, perhaps defrag or something, but I never had this occurr in 7000 and I did this multiple times.

AdFad666, Feb 14, 2009
  9. Lass3

sjb05004

Two problems I've found in build 7022, which aren't huge problems but rather annoyances.

1. Using AA1 Fan control is pointless. It shows 85°F all the time and the fan never stops running. It is much hotter than build 7000.

2. The installed drivers nor the drivers on the forum for the card reader allow readyboost. The card readers work but readyboost is not an option, at least for me.

Other than that I've been running with no problems, no lockups, and it seems quite a bit faster than build 7000.

sjb05004, Feb 26, 2009
  10. Lass3

tmp0922

Yes readyboost does not work at all under this build I have been running it on my AAO for the last three weeks its faster and more responsive and its only slightly noticeable looking forward to the next release not sure at this time if I want to go back to the 7000 build at this time; However I just might. I'm still playing with this build the tweaks Ive made have been great I'm getting boot up at 45-50 seconds and shut down in 19-22 second the drivers installed fine had a few issue with the wireless drivers which I didn't have with the previous builds. I will use the same tweaks if and when a new build is released or if they decide in august to go ahead and release the full version. This has been the only M$ product that I have supported in a very long time (I'm a linux baby, 15 years using linux) but I'm very pleased with this OS and Im looking to sticking with it for the long run it a sold OS and M$ should be proud of the work they have done on this OS.

tmp0922, Mar 3, 2009
  11. Lass3

tankster

yep, sure looks like MS got it right on Win7 (although i have been using vista since day 1, and have never had any issues with it).

My only concern is the quick turnaround time from public beta to (rumoured) RC and release. more testing by enthusiasts is always a good thing (look at what happened with the UAC changes in beta1 for an example).

tankster, Mar 3, 2009
Ask a Question