Windows 7 Build 7068

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Raiden, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Raiden

Raiden

I just got 7068 installed it... And pretty disapointed.

Ultimate Version on 8.9 160gb

The good:
    - It works lol
    - Network worked without nothing new to install (it's maybe just because of the upgrade vs new install)
    - Some actions seems faster.
    - New start graphic is really nice

The Bad:
    - It took me about 3 hours to upgrade. Find it slow
    - My Windows Mobile Device Center crashes all the time.. (Seems that uninstalling and reinstalling it does the trick)
    -- UPDATE: After getting it to work, my HTC Touch phone shows as a big pmp player. With build 7000, it was showing the image of the htc touch.
    - It does not shutdown or reboot (Get stuck at shutdown screen)
    -- UPDATE: Not sure why but yesterday, it has shutdown correctly for the first time...
    - Overall, I don't find it faster.
    -- UPDATE: However, if I ask him to optimize for best performance, the interface is ugly but it's much faster.
    - Same old IE8 beta (even if it's officially released for other OS). However, it seems to be faster then build 7000.
    - Damn, my letters are not appearing at the same time then I type!!! Small lag here.
    - Often, You need to manually refresh the desktop and other folder when you do changes. Exemple, I have deleted a file on the desktop but it stayed there. Same when I tried to rename a file.
    - NEW: It completly freeze my AA1 at least once a day. No particular reason /application, i would work on it and then everything freeze. I need to reboot by pressing and holding the power button.

So overall, I am pretty disapointed. I tought it would be a huge improvement from 7000 but I guess it will be fixed in a few releases...

My question to you... What version did you install? I installed the ultimate but would I get much better performance with low end starter or home??? (I know starter is limited to 3 running program so I guess it's not a good choice)

Raiden, Mar 31, 2009
  2. Raiden

Tamrac

Thanks for the heads up Raiden. I'll stick with my 7057 install. It has been working great after some tweaking and is pretty stable after extensive use these past days. If only I can solve the long shutdown issue, this OS would be perfect.

Tamrac, Mar 31, 2009
  3. Raiden

bolero

Just refrain from using leaked builds and you won't have these problems. It's absolutely expected that the one or the other thing doesn't work correctly in them. They are for testing certain features and bug fixes, not for improving overall experience.

bolero, Mar 31, 2009
  4. Raiden

Raiden

You are right, this is still pre-beta so it's perfectly normal that they have bugs. However, normally you go from worst to best. So I tought 7068 would actually be better then 7000... Witch does not seems to be the case for me. And leaked builds seems to be the only way to go so far as MS is not releasing any updates for 7000...

Thanks!

Raiden, Mar 31, 2009
  5. Raiden

swm5126

Installed 7068 the other day. Works fine here. Seems to boot faster, run smoother (not that 7000 wasn't smooth). I haven't had any stability issues either. Overall I'm happy with it! :D

You are using a beta OS, so you should definitely do a clean install. Microsoft doesn't recommend upgrading either. It only took about 45 mins to install on my One, no where near the 3 hours to upgrade.

swm5126, Apr 1, 2009
  6. Raiden

violent23

This version finally works for me, no more freezes while browsing the interwebs. I tried 7048, and 7057 both would randomly freeze while web browsing. I am gonna stick with this one till the RC. For anyone who cares gamegaurd still does not work....Nevermind started freezing randomly again. I know this is still beta but how am I supposed to use it to see if I like it when it freezes constantly. This is 7000, 7048, 7057 and now 7068 all freezing all the time. This really is depressing and crappy.

violent23, Apr 2, 2009
  7. Raiden

Tamrac

No freezing on my end using 7057 on SSD. How long does it freeze? Is your AAO HD or SSD version?

Tamrac, Apr 2, 2009
  8. Raiden

azz2811

i was thinking of using the newest beta but i wont now thanks.

i was also thiking of up-grading to beta 7057. How do i upgrade?

thanks

azz2811, Apr 2, 2009
  9. Raiden

violent23

Mine is an AAO HD 160, I may have figured out the freezing. I read somewhere else that the card reader was freezing people, so I installed another card reader driver and have readyboost running with no freezes yet today. If any more problems arise I will update here.

violent23, Apr 2, 2009
  10. Raiden

Raiden

Ok, I had enough. I dediced to format my hard drive and reinstall Build 7068.

And from a super clean formatted HD, most of the issues listed above had disseapear... It's now running smoothly, well at least, it's not freezing daily!!!!!

Raiden, Apr 3, 2009
Ask a Question