Windows 7 may become short-lived....

Discussion in 'Windows' started by mzc, Apr 30, 2009.

1. mzc

mzc

mzc, Apr 30, 2009
  2. mzc

Tamrac

We always have the choice of not getting the starer edition.... Win7 Ultimate beta runs pretty well on netbooks already as it is. I see no reason for just plain getting the uncrippled one. I'm sure it's gonna be an option anyway... :)

On a sidenote..... I won't be surprised to see Win7 starter patches popping out to get rid of that 3 application limit. ;)

Tamrac, Apr 30, 2009
  3. mzc

adrianaitken

What's exactly wrong with limiting the netbook version of WIndows 7 to run 3 apps ? I know that since I had my 8.9 (and now 10.1) models, I've never run more than 3 apps at the same time - if I run Photoshop Elements 7 I have nothing else running, if I run IE I might have OE running as well.
    Probably just me but if I don't use an app I close it rather than just minimising it. But I do this on my computers and laptops as well, it's not just a netbook thing.

adrianaitken, Apr 30, 2009
  4. mzc

Tamrac

Actually 3 applications is rather lame if you really think about it... look at the typical setup.... After launch 99.99% of us will have some Antivirus running - that's 1, some sort of IM running like Yahoo Messenger or MSN - that's 2, open up a web browser - that's 3.... So that's it? What If I need to open up WORD to write some documents. I will be forced to shutdown the YM or antivirus? This is lame indeed. We're not sure about the dynamics though, applications might exclude AV's and 3rd party firewalls. If not, having an AV and firewall will only allow you to run 1 MORE APP, hehehe. W/c is rather silly. :lol:

Tamrac, Apr 30, 2009
  5. mzc

Matjaz

Don't buy the netbook version then. Ultimate runs great.

Matjaz, Apr 30, 2009
  6. mzc

mzc

To clear things up.. there's nothing wrong about getting or using win7 ultimate...starter..or whatever versions that Microsoft will launch. the point is it will NOT be free unlike ubuntu and other gnu/linux distros. If people are willing to throw out $$$ for the complete version, then that totally up to them. Lot of people cannot work on linux because they are not familiar to how it operates. Personally, I now more hot to troubleshoot windows because I have grown with it since my first pc 20 years ago.. which was just MS-DOS back then (just CLI). I was not familiar with unix commands at all

mzc, Apr 30, 2009
  7. mzc

myuusmeow

Didn't they change the limit to something like 6 non-Microsoft programs/certain antivirus?

myuusmeow, May 1, 2009
Ask a Question