Windows 7 Tips and Tricks for AAO-150

Discussion in 'Windows' started by sdelliott31, Nov 9, 2009.

1. sdelliott31

sdelliott31

I was wondering if anyone had put together some tips and tweaks to make the AAO-150 run well on Win 7. Mind does ok. I shut down some services and disabled system restore and remote access. On the visual features in advanced settings I turned a few things off involving shading and fading, but left Aero transparency and Glass open. I think I am using about 586 ram and have about 900mb or a little less left.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

sdelliott31, Nov 9, 2009
  2. sdelliott31

Scissors

You've done nearly every action you can take in the sense of software.

There are some things you can do to the hardware to get the PC to run better.

Some of the things I've done are get a faster HardDrive. 7200 RPM, 16M cache HDD. (Seven loves it!)
    You already did RAM.
    One big action you could take is to replace the heatsinks shitty thermal pads with Arctic Silver 5. And replace the RAM modules thermal pads with pads that are better quality.
    I guess you can lubricate the Fan if you know how to. These are some things you can do to the hardware to make it run better.

Windows 7 runs pretty nice on the AAO anyway.

Scissors, Nov 21, 2009
Ask a Question