Windows cannot install on Intel SSD

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Ryguy92250, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Ryguy92250

Ryguy92250

Hello to all other Acer users out here!

I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet, but some of the threads are a year or two old, and my netbook is very new,
    the Acer Aspire One 521, so I figured it would be okay to post this here.

I just purchased this netbook, and after playing with it for a few days, went ahead and purchased an Intel X-25m g2 80gb
    SSD to replace its current HDD. As such, I needed to reinstall Windows 7. I went ahead and looked online to create a bootable
    USB for Windows 7, and I tested it by upgrading my windows 7 starter on my hdd to a windows 7 home premium, so I know that
    it works.

The problem is that after I switched out the drives and booted up the computer, I got to the point in the installation where it asks,
    "Where would you like to install Windows 7?" And I tried to select the ssd, and it said it cannot install there because the computers'
    hardware may not support it. Check your bios for the controllers and such. So I went into the bios, the bios version is 1.01, and I
    found the ssd, and the only thing I can do is change it from ACHI to IDE and back and forth. I tried changing it both ways and still
    nothing. I also pressed the erase option during the installation, and then the format options. Nothing seems to be working.

So my question is, how do I fix this? Is it my bios, or the ssd? I can download an intel ssd firmware on a .iso image, but only have
    a USB stick... do I need to purchase an external dvd player, or update my bios to the newest settings (and if so, how?), or what?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- Ryguy

Ryguy92250, Jul 8, 2010
  2. Ryguy92250

Ryguy92250

To the above post, RESOLVED:

All I did was leave my computer off for the afternoon, came back and it was able to be installed. How weird...guess thats' that! =)

Ryguy92250, Jul 9, 2010
Ask a Question