Windows/Linpus Filesharing

Discussion in 'Networking' started by naggers, Apr 7, 2009.

1. naggers

naggers

Is there any way to network a linpus os to a desktop pc running windows xp over a shared wireless connection?
    I'd like to get some filesharing done.~

cheers

naggers, Apr 7, 2009
  2. naggers

solpuerto

Hi naggers

Yes, I installed Konqueror and I can access files on my XP machine. There are several other ways of doing it, just type something like Sharing Files in Search and you should get quite a bit of information.

solpuerto, Apr 10, 2009
  3. naggers

Aspiration

I did quite a bit of looking at the search results for samba in the add/remove programs. There were quite a few items listed but the detailed information didn't exactly narrow down what I need running to access windows xp and mac which is also set to use smb. The mac and xp can see each other and transfer files but not the AA1. I did some network trouble shooting and I only get a limited list of what is running on the aa1. No smb.

There was a fusion program to let me login to all folders at once. There was smb4k or something and a whole bunch of other items listed by searching for samba.

Exactly which of these need to be run to find the workgroup on window xp and share files/folders?

I am unfamiliar with Konquerer or whatever. Just how much of this samba stuff do I need installed?

Aspiration, Apr 19, 2009
  4. naggers

Aspiration

Tried installing smb4k but the OS is not smart enough to resolve dependencies so it won't install. :twisted:

Aspiration, Apr 22, 2009
Ask a Question