windows partition named D:

Discussion in 'Windows' started by H@buster, Aug 25, 2008.

1. H@buster

H@buster

Hi there, my AAO just arrived and I played windows on it

sadly, after restarting it gave me the hal.dll missing error...

For some reason the windows partition is named D: and the USB stick C:
    The One is running atm because I used the repair windows command(that took 40mins -.-), but I don't think it will survive a reboot :(

Do I have to change the partition value to 2 in the boot ini? Or what would be the correct way to fix this? changing the system drive letter is impossible :(

€: atm it is disk 1 partition 1

thx in advance

H@buster, Aug 25, 2008
  2. H@buster

goofball

It is not impossible but it does involve some work.

Follow these instructions.

http://www.petri.co.il/change_system_dr ... ows_xp.htm

good luck. Remove your USB key and do not have it plugged in while booting until your hard drives have taken all their letters. You may need to rebuild the boot.ini file or edit it afterwards though technically you're only changing drive letters and not the partition table itself.

goofball, Aug 25, 2008
  3. H@buster

H@buster

I'll try that...and I hope that'll work, thx for the help, I'll come around here again to tell you whether it worked or not^^

edit: WTF! This fucked windows, but no more hal.dll errors...reinstalling now :D
    Edit2: Thanks man, I had to reinstall everything but it works flawless now, I love you xD :D

H@buster, Aug 26, 2008
Ask a Question