Windows problem on Limpus

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by PiqueT, Aug 14, 2008.

1. PiqueT

PiqueT

Hello,

I ask for your help on something that I turned it to nerves, with my AA1.

Some programs cause me a problem in the windows of the computer.

Ex: When I try to access the options of a program, the window opens that is outside the limits of the monitor. It is impossible click ok, or see the options at the bottom of the page.

Someone I can help this problem.

Placed an image so they can understand because my English is very bad.

PiqueT, Aug 14, 2008
  2. PiqueT

hmraao

If I understand you correctly, what you're trying to say is that some applications that you use on the AAO don't behave well on its rather reduced screen. In fact, several built-in system components appear to create windows that extend beyond the dimensions of the desktop and are therefore partly inaccessible.

Ok. So what you (, Me and Dupree) need is, what's known in the trade as, a scrolling virtual desktop, which in layman's terms is a desktop that extends beyond the physical limits of screen resolution, only a portion of the which is visible at any one time. Crucially, you determine what portion of your large virtual desktop is visible by scrolling it. So, for instance, an application that requires a minimum screen resolution of say 1024x768 can be run on the AAO's 1024x600 screen, it's just that you have to scroll the screen up and down to see all of it.

The question is, does Linpus Linux, which uses Xfce, implement scrolling virtual desktops? I've dug around quite a bit for an answer, but, so far, I haven't found one. I'll keep hunting, but, in the meantime, perhaps someone else has already discovered it?

(Ephraim Tutt, taking on the cases nobody else wants)

PS. Scrolling virtual desktop implementations seem to be available for Windows, so perhaps we should consider "selling out" to M$. (Not a serious suggestion.)

hmraao, Aug 15, 2008
  3. PiqueT

retsaw

You can move a window, by Alt-click dragging it.

I'm sure you can have a scrolling virtual desktop, but I just tried the way I remembered doing it in the past and it didn't work, undoubtably things have changed since I last tried it, I will have a go at getting it working when I have a bit more time, unless someone else here knows how to do it.

retsaw, Aug 15, 2008
  4. PiqueT

PiqueT

Thank you

We already have access through the alt + click

We have solved my problem.

Thank you for helping me.

PiqueT, Aug 16, 2008
Ask a Question