Windows program Disney toontown

Discussion in 'Windows' started by knicknack, Dec 25, 2008.

1. knicknack

knicknack

disneys toon town
    hello hope some one here can help
    just got an acer one for my son hes a big fan of a web based game fom walt disney called toon town which i thought just ran in the browser firefox or opera
    my acer one has linux and wont run the exe file you need to download to run the program,

downloaded the file no problem just wont run :eek:

i looked at a wine download but not sure which distro / version will work with linpus OS
    any suggestions much appreciated

HELP

Knicknack

knicknack, Dec 25, 2008
  2. knicknack

Blaze

Hi knicknack , have the same problem :( have just joined this forum to see if i could get help myself. Have you had any luck yet and what is this "wine" you mentioned....As you can tell i have not got a clue and my daughter is so upset as its all she wants to play. If you find an answer either get in touch or reply to here for me thanks...

Blaze, Dec 28, 2008
  3. knicknack

mmad

Easiest solution - install windows. Sounds like a dumb answer but Linpus is really only good for the newbie user (imo), and very frustrating in making changes. I don't like running things in wine at all (I have a vista/ubuntu dualboot on my desktop). Also you should check compatability with wine and programs: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.p ... n&iId=5393 . It seems that wine and toon town arent very happy to run together. Then again it hasn't been tested in linpus, but I wouldn't expect much of a change.

mmad, Dec 30, 2008
Ask a Question