Windows tiny7 usb

Discussion in 'Windows' started by meikle, Dec 4, 2009.

1. meikle

meikle

Hi,
    I'm wanting to try tiny7 but my external drive is not reading anything so was wondering if there is a USB version, if so can someone give me the link.
    I had a look on Giggle but no joy.

Thanks
    Colin

meikle, Dec 4, 2009
  2. meikle

PhAndrew

format ur drive to ntfs then drop and extract the tiny7 iso. drop the files inside into the usb.

PhAndrew, Dec 16, 2009
  3. meikle

Shad0wguy

^This is how I did it.^

Either burn the iso to disc and copy the files from the disc to USB, or mount the iso using something like daemon tools and extract the files to USB.

Shad0wguy, Dec 17, 2009
  4. meikle

olavxxx

You have to make it bootable after copying the contents to the usb-stick.
    Look in my guide: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=4404
    ( I know it's Vista, but Vista and W7 is basically the same thing ).

Ps. yesterday I soldered in a 2.5" sata hd in my ssd AA1 and I thought I would be smart if I prepared the drive with an bootable source of W7.. However then the setup said it could not update the boot-sector.. LOL, so that does not work. I had to then format the partition, so I could install again.. but this meant I had to install the VLite so I could install the W7..

However now I'll install the full version of W7, seeing as the 2.5" SATA hd now made my pc like 1000x faster than the lousy intel SSD was.. OMG what a difference!!!

olavxxx, Jan 2, 2010
  5. meikle

timwright

cant do it that way, get sumthin like power iso, and format your usb stick to fat32, then get the iso of tiny7, and on power iso, open the iso and click burn, then select the usb drive you want it on and it should work

timwright, May 19, 2010
Ask a Question