Windows XP Lite SP3

Discussion in 'Windows' started by naaz, Apr 20, 2009.

1. naaz

naaz

Dear All,

few days back i purahsed Acer Aspire One A110. there is no operating sytem. Could you please tell me from where i can get the fully fucntional windowx xp sp3 lite version. it have only 8gb hard disk and i need the lite and fully fucntional version. is it possible for some1 to take an image of his harddisk from acronis and upload. I will download it and will copy the image. otherwise is there anyone who knows the link.

if anyone can tell me from where i can download the linpus system i will install that one. and also tell me how to install from an external cd room

thanks in advance.

naaz

naaz, Apr 20, 2009
  2. naaz

DynaMight

You can grab the original Linpus install CD from http://download.trrunde.org//upload/AAO_v1-0-15E.iso

tbh just a standard XP install isnt that large once you disable the Virtual Memory and Hibernation. Wont be any more than 1.5GB and still leaving a lot of space for programs etc.

DynaMight, Apr 20, 2009
  3. naaz

naaz

Thanks Dynamight,

I really apprciate your response. I installed windows xp professional orignal and i updated full as well. its now 5gb. the mistake i have done is i formated on NTFS and aftr that i activate the windows and update it full with sp3 etc that's why now its 5gb. what you suggest.. just install windows xp home edition and formate again with fat32. or what is the best way....

secondly i am downloading this iso file. could you please help me how can i install linpus lite on my aspire one. this is the first time i am going to install linpus. is there any step by step guide. i have external dvd room and usb as well. your prompt help is highly apprecicated.

Thanks,
    naaz

naaz, Apr 20, 2009
  4. naaz

DynaMight

I've never actually restored/installed Linpus so not 100% sure of the exact guidelines but I expect it'll just copy the image onto the One. It will format the drive completely and remove WinXP too. Just burn it onto a DVD, plug in your external DVD drive and keep pressing F12 on start up, choose the DVD drive and follow the prompts

Things to do on WinXP:
    - Disabling Virtual memory and Hibernation will save you atleast 1.5GB. VM is normally 1.5x your RAM, so either 768MB or 1.5GB depending if your have 512MB or 1GB of RAM and Hibernation is exactly how much RAM you have.

- Clearing out all your update uninstall files can save loads of space too (Generally stored in the Windows directory but hidden and marked in blue, double check this with Google though before you remove them)

- Disabling/clearing System Restore checkpoints

- Running a program like CCleaner

Try all this first and see how much space you have afterwards

DynaMight, Apr 20, 2009
Ask a Question