Windows XP Reinstall BSOD - Confirm Solution

Discussion in 'Windows' started by StrungOut420, May 18, 2009.

1. StrungOut420

StrungOut420

I have an AAO ZG5, in which I replaced the WiFi card with a Dell DW1390 and then installed OSX 10.5.6. That whole procedure went off without a hitch and I loved OSX on that little machine. It ran much better than I thought it would... however, since my wife is the main user of that computer and she doesn't use OSX (or like it for that matter), she would like me to reinstall Windows XP.

I have a XP installation disk, and an external USB DVD-RW drive, and both are recognized on boot-up, however, when the XP installer begins to copy driver files into memory, I get a BSOD every time. The error reports that there is a problem with my drive and that I should run CHKDSK, or something like that. I did get Windows Vista to install without a problem, but wifey doesn't like that either, so back to the drawing board I go.

I've made sure the D2D Recovery is off in the BIOS, but that didn't help... And then this morning (on another forum) I came across this tip:

Can anyone confirm this? TIA.

StrungOut420, May 18, 2009
  2. StrungOut420

StrungOut420

I can confirm that this does not work. There are no settings in the BIOS regarding the HDD... and I even went through the trouble of updating the BIOS, but still no luck.

Any suggestions?

StrungOut420, May 19, 2009
  3. StrungOut420

Tamrac

The only thing I can see that could be the problem is a corrupted XP installation CD... Scratched up or any other reason. Borrow or burn another XP Home SP3 CD.

Tamrac, May 19, 2009
  4. StrungOut420

joeystitch

Could be missing SATA drivers. I had a similar problem on a HP notebook not long ago. Try rolling the SATA drivers into your XP disc with nLite.

joeystitch, May 20, 2009
  5. StrungOut420

Tamrac

The Acer Aspire One does not need SATA drivers. So no, that's not it. I've installed XP on the Aspire One lots of times. Never ever needed any SATA drivers. Cheers.

Tamrac, May 20, 2009
Ask a Question