Windows XP SP3 Lite/Netbook Edition (ONLY 160MB!)

Discussion in 'Windows' started by mmad, Dec 18, 2008.

1. mmad

daf1

This XP SP3 \Lite has a major drawback. It does not setup the ACPI drivers, which means (amongst a few other things) that you cannot determine the remaining battery life. I've tried ripping the drivers off of a Vista install but that didn't work. Anyone get any joy from using an XP driver from another laptop install? Might try ripping it off the wife's lappy tonight.

daf1, Dec 30, 2008
  2. mmad

mmad

mmad, Dec 30, 2008
  3. mmad

robandjeanne

It was mentioned the Lite version doesn't have the AA1 drivers. The Acer recovery system looks like it has a driver section that may have the complete set of AA1 drivers.

I'm still having a problem with deaf internal mic. I wonder if the Lite version solves this? Can someone try the mic on sound recorder, skype, or other?

robandjeanne, Dec 30, 2008
  4. mmad

Difflock

Hi, I would love a copy of this, but notice it has been removed from the board. did you cut down the install using nLite? and just what exactly has been removed?

cheers,
    Difflock.

Difflock, Jan 2, 2009
  5. mmad

mmad

It would probably be better you tried the other one, its more up to date, and I actually know what I removed from it. I posted whats missing and what has been added alongside with the first post. I can PM you links to the other one, I just don't think the mods will be happy about it :( .

mmad, Jan 2, 2009
  6. mmad

Rolando11

HI everyone,
    I've just installed xp sp3 lite on my AAO 150 and i'm having problems with the wireless.
    I've installed the Atheros v7.6.0.224 drivers and it seems to work well but never shows available networks (No wireless network found) :?:
    I've noted the wireless light blinks eventually.
    I've tried reinstalling the drivers but it doesn't work
    The Ethernet is not installing.
    Other than that, my computer boot and runs super fast, and the other drivers are working well.
    PLease, I need help solving the wireless issue
    Thanks in advance :cry:

Rolando11, Jan 11, 2009
  7. mmad

cinijast

i had the error frandu mentioned for ages but i realised it was a service pack problem , integrating sp3 with nlite fixes it , now im getting the hal.dll error so i STILL havent got windows on this bloomin thing

cinijast, Jan 13, 2009
Ask a Question