Wired Network driver for Easy Peasy 1.1

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Spuddy, May 22, 2009.

1. Spuddy

Spuddy

Hello all,

I'm new to Linux and new to this forum, so please forgive me if this is an obvious question.

I have an Aspire 1 D250 which I bought with Windows XP installed. I downloaded a copy of Easy Peasy 1.1 and installed it, dual booting with the original Windows. All went well, and Easy Peasy looks great. The only problem I've found is that the NIC isn't installed, hence no network available for me - I have no wireless networking here. Does anyone out there know where I can get the relevant driver from and how I might go about installing it. The only help I have here is a friend with and Eee who has about 3 months start on me.

Tia,
    Spuddy

Spuddy, May 22, 2009
  2. Spuddy

Spuddy

I have some new info. I discovered that Windows reports the LAN adapter (NIC) as an "Atheros AR8132 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller". Now all I need is a Linux driver for it and some instructions to install it. I have a desktop machine here which I can use to download the driver and a USB memory stick to transfer it to the netbook.

Cheers
    Spuddy

Spuddy, May 25, 2009
Ask a Question