Wired/Wireless Network issue

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jon_g_bray, Dec 6, 2008.

1. jon_g_bray

jon_g_bray

Hi. I stupidly, stupidly bought the Linpus version of the AAO and spent ages trying to convert it to XP - I finally managed it by fixing up a USB CDROM which seemed to work fine. I got the wireless working fine while in Linpus (didn't check the wired connection).

Now in windows (with all the drivers from the Acer site installed, with the exception of the two CCD ones (which I didn't think applied given I've got the HD version) and the Intel_Lan one (which seems to have disappeared) the wireless bit finds available networks but can't seem to connect to them - it displays "waiting for network to be ready" then times out after a few minutes. My other laptop has all the same settings (WPA) but connects fine.

Similarly the wired connection (when it is connected) tries for a connection but fails to get an IP address. If I set up the IP address manually it quits complaining but still can't see anything (including the router).

I've got BIOS version 3331; I note that there is quite a lot of mention of LAN bridges and the like in the changes file shipped with the 3335 bios - is this likely to work? I've not tried getting the go ahead from Acer yet 'cos from what I'm getting from this site they're not too helpful; gut feeling is I'm unlikely to break the AAO by upgrading but I'd like some feedback from someone who knows more about these things than I do.

Here's hoping someone can help!

jon_g_bray, Dec 6, 2008
  2. jon_g_bray

jon_g_bray

Hmm. Just tried turning off security - blasted thing connects without a hitch. So guess its a wireless configuration issue once more. Happy Happy Joy Joy....

jon_g_bray, Dec 6, 2008
Ask a Question