Wireless Driver Atheros AR5007EG is available(True or False)

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by igymmy, Jun 28, 2009.

1. igymmy

igymmy

Hello everybody I saw something(Wireless Driver) on iPC OSX86 10.5.6 Universal but I'm not yet install Mac OSX on my Aspire One.
    How to check and uncheck in customize on the list(Picture) before to install? tell me please beacuse it's my first time to install Mac OSX on my Aspire One A150. Thankyou for your answer.
    [​IMG]

igymmy, Jun 28, 2009
  2. igymmy

rory

true
    but its long and complicated to install normally. no iea aboput if the ipc one works, but yes you can make the 5007g work

rory, Jun 28, 2009
  3. igymmy

tieitsch

Any information how to install this? Do you need Kismac?

tieitsch, Jun 28, 2009
  4. igymmy

MackDriver

Am i hearing this correctly, there is now a driver , kext for the atheros 5007 that comes in the aspire one. I have a new D250 and it took several days of seaching and trial and error and many kext problems but i finally got my D250 running Windows XP and OS X on a dual boot. I am so new to this and amazed i actually have got as far as i have. I only need sound and wifi on the OS X and I would be good. Originally I was going to shange the card but i found in the forums here that may not work. I am really confused and would love to know how to get the wireless to work in the simplest terms, dont care how complicated as long as it is explained well.

I used iDeneb to load OS X and have it written down if anyone needs help loading dual boot with XP and OS X. It was quite the trial and error.

Thank you

MackDriver, Jun 28, 2009
  5. igymmy

rory

I have no idea how to get it to work, I swapped for a 1390 long before a "fix" was found. t does however need kismac afaik. But its long and complicated and seriously its better to get an official airport card off ebay then you can have wifi n and bluetooth flawlessly. or get a dell 1390 or 1505 and itll be flawless wifi but no bt.

rory, Jun 28, 2009
  6. igymmy

osxtothez

I have the 1390 card in the AAO D250 but it still doesn't get recognized. running ideneb 10.5.6. any help?

osxtothez, Sep 17, 2009
  7. igymmy

brushless

I have the DW1390 card working in my AAO D150 for both WinXP3 & OSX 10.5.6 iDeneb, until last month when it stopped being recognized by OSX, so I went back to WinXP3 reluctantly :oops: Help me please anyone! You can have my Atheros AR5007EG for free if you can make my DW1390 work under OSX. :mrgreen:

brushless, Sep 18, 2009
Ask a Question