Wireless LAN not staying on during Startup

Discussion in 'Networking' started by flybuy, Jul 13, 2016.

1. flybuy

flybuy

The wireless LAN adapter will not stay on Startup with the WLAN switch in the on position. The WLAN switch lights but when Vista is about finished loading it turns off, and there's no network connectivity. Manually turning the switch off and then on after bootup does not turn the light on (Showing a wifi connection).
    I've tried the diagnostic tool, done all Windows updates and uninstalled/reinstalled/updated the wireless adapter from Sony. The only way I've found to turn on wireless LAN is to manually configure the adapter using the VAIO Smart Network as the settings have disappeared from my last configuration. I have to do this reset every time after the boot up to get a wireless connection (and the light then turns on).
    I've even tried the System Config Startup (in MS Config) to try and set the 'auto on', but there is no 'VAIO Smart Network' listed; the only item by Sony is LANUtil.exe.
    Sony VAIO model VGN-NR285D; Windows Vista, SP1; on WPA-2. There are no other issues with the laptop.

What else can I try to 'automatically' turn on the wireless adapter during Startup so it stays on?

Thanks for any advice.

flybuy, Jul 13, 2016
Ask a Question