Wireless logs?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by jsfritz, Sep 6, 2008.

1. jsfritz

jsfritz

Using my aspire one, occasionally I'll run into an issue when it can't stay connected to a wireless access point. It will do one of the following two things:

- Attempt to connect, wait for a while (presumably while it's working), and then show the disconnected message
    - Attempt to connect, wait for a while (again, probably working); then connect -- and a few seconds after, immediately disconnect.

I've had the problems on multiple access points with good signal strength; so I'm thinking it's something with the aspire and some kind of obscure wireless access point setting that it doesn't like.

Too long; didn't read? Is there a way to view logs pertaining to connecting to a wireless access point? I would like more information than just "Disconnected" -- maybe a reason as to why it couldn't connect?

jsfritz, Sep 6, 2008
  2. jsfritz

philippeC

It looks like the wifi related logs are in /var/log/wpa_supplicant.log .

philippeC, Sep 7, 2008
  3. jsfritz

karona

I sometimes have the same problem, rebooting the router always clears it (linksys), so you're probably correct with your guess that it's a router problem rather than the AA1

Keith

karona, Sep 7, 2008
Ask a Question