Wireless lost after image/restore

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ASPECTS, Jun 14, 2009.

1. ASPECTS

ASPECTS

I installed Kuki Linux on an AA1 8gb SSD and got everything working, including wired and wireless internet. I then imaged the machine using Macles' backup tool (highly recommended!) with the intention of cloning several AA1s for school pupils.Oddly enough though, when the image is restored to the other machines wicid reports 'no wireless networks found' and the wired connection isn't recognised either.

Anyone got a clue what might be going on here? I've tried various settings in the wicid 'preferences' section with no success. The off/on switch for wireless has no effect with Kuki installed - even on the 'original' machine so I don't think it's simply 'switched off''.

I tried imaging a machine with the default Linpus installation and 'restoring' it to another machine - this worked fine and wifi was maintained. Kuki is based on Ubuntu so it looks like a Ubuntu issue (??)

Help with this would be greatly appreciated - the machines are to be rolled out to children with dyslexia to help support their writing.

ASPECTS, Jun 14, 2009
  2. ASPECTS

ASPECTS

Update! :D

I've got wireless working by changing wlan0 to wlan1 in the wicid manager settings. I've got no idea why this has fixed it but would be glad if anyone could offer an explanation!

ASPECTS, Jun 16, 2009
Ask a Question