Wireless mouse with acer one ??

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by jono400, Jan 17, 2009.

1. jono400

jono400

Hi, anyone able to tell me if most off the little optical wireless mosue devices commonly sold on ebay etc will work with the little acer one ?? I believe a lot off these devices dont come with drivers, so as such am I correct in thinking they should be recgonised okay with this new type of operating system ??

the type I am looking at are within the following link :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %26otn%3D2

any advice would be so much appreciatted.

regards

jono400, Jan 17, 2009
  2. jono400

markh

Ought to work just fine - mine does, and I've seen no reports of other mice not working.

markh, Jan 17, 2009
  3. jono400

jono400

Perfect , appreciatte that.

jono400, Jan 17, 2009
  4. jono400

DiSK

Unless the mouse itself is broken, most of them should work. The only thing I would say about cheap mice bought off eBay is that, the battery life could be horrible. You might need to recharge every week, or worse, every 2 days.

DiSK, Jan 17, 2009
  5. jono400

markh

For 99p, it'll be a clockwork mouse - no batteries required :)

markh, Jan 17, 2009
  6. jono400

solpuerto

Hi jono400

If it is the one shown at £1.99 remember it must be plugged in to the PC as it is charged by the USB. I have that type on my desktop PC and I have a separate battery charger. Mine uses batteries at a terrible rate. I would not buy that type again.
    The bigger Tesco stores are currently selling a Logitech wireless mouse that has its own battery for £9.98 and they say this is half price. I have had one for about 6 months and I now use it on the Aspire and importantly have not yet changed the battery.

Best wishes

Just noticed the Logitech V220 is shown further down the ebay page at £14.11 ex delivery.

solpuerto, Jan 18, 2009
  7. jono400

jono400

Okay thanks for that, unfortunatly had ordered the mouse in the link before I had a chance to read your reply but no probs it was cheap enough anyway and I will see how I get on with it and can always buy the one you mention if I find I need to.

thanks again for all your replies, appreciatte that.

jono400, Jan 18, 2009
  8. jono400

Tarheel72

I picked up a Microsoft BT laser notebook mouse for $39 on sale at a big box retail store and it works great. I really like the laser ability to use on nearly any surface, much better than even optical. And I got the IO bluetooth dongle for at $14 and it is as small or smaller than any normal USB receiver. I leave it in all the time and just turn the mouse on or off as needed. Since I have WinXP and the mouse is MS, there was no software to load. It just showed up as a BT device and works great. I highly recommend it with the AAO. If interested in comes in colors and the white is a good match to the white AAO.

Tarheel72, Jan 25, 2009
  9. jono400

DynaMight

I have exactly the same mouse and rate it pretty well considering the price! Build quality isnt great (Be careful when opening the battery cover) but it works perfectly fine, batteries last more than long enough and the USB receiver stores in the unit. I've had mine for almost a year and it's still working fine, if it breaks I will buy another one exactly the same.

DynaMight, Jan 25, 2009
  10. jono400

jono400

Okay thanks thats great, okay received the mouse, plugged the little usb dongle in and must admitt it works well and makes generall browsing the net with the little acer so much easier than the built in mouse pad !!

could not work out how the little light would not go out when I fisrt used the mouse until I realised that you had to replace the little dongle back in the housing - neat thou !!

one thing I did notice was that for some reason the I have went thru two sets of batteries even with very limited use, the dongle is replaced after use and the light is obviously not on so cant work out what would cause the batteries to run down so quick ?? maybe just try better branded batteries the next time ??!!

lastly !! any idaes how / if I can change the way the mouse works ie slow down the movement etc ?? obviously with the little acer`s screen being so small there is not much mouse travel required so would be good if you could slow it down a little, I think the only options are for changing the actual mouse pad on the acer any ideas re. the above ??

thanks again anyway for the comments / advice guys, appreciatte it :)

jono400, Jan 25, 2009
  11. jono400

DynaMight

I use some decent rechargeable in mine and it lasts forever, so did the Duracell I had in there before. I dont you it everyday mind...

You can change the mouse speed in Control Panel

DynaMight, Jan 26, 2009
  12. jono400

jono400

Okay thanks thats great, i take it the mouse settings for the built in mouse pad affect any external usb mouse as well then ??

yep will try better batteries and see how I get on.
    thanks again

Just to add that I am still running the original linux as opposed to xp, still able to change the properties off an external mouse within settings ??

jono400, Jan 26, 2009
  13. jono400

jono400

Okay guys who`s first to work this one out ?? the little wireless optical mouse I purchased a while back is for some reason running down the AAA batteries even when switched off !! yep I put two brand new fresh duracel batteries in it the other day, made sure it was working okay, turned it off checked it later that night to make sure the mouse was still working as had noticed this exact same thing on the last set off batteries installed within it, anyway as I say checked it same night and yep still working, left it a few days and went to turn it on and yep batteries dead as a dodo !!!!

have now been thru three sets off batteries and every time the same thing is happening, the three sets off batteries have all been different brands and all fresh stock.

just to remind you the mouse is physically activated by removing the usb plug which stows away neatly within the shell off the mouse itself ie. if the plug is removed the mouse is powered/ lights up, insert the usb plug back into the case off the mouse and its off again and no lights are showing.

what I for the life off me cant work out is why something that is not being used / even lighting up run down a set off fresh good brand batteries within just a couple off days, there is nothing to make them run down ??

come on then anyone able to show me what I am missing ?? :?: :)

jono400, Feb 28, 2009
  14. jono400

briviere

briviere, Feb 28, 2009
Ask a Question