wireless n 3rd antenna

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by mordeith, Apr 28, 2009.

1. mordeith

mordeith

has anyone who upgraded the mini pci ran a 3rd antenna...if so where did you put it...i think a non so ideal spot will be in the void that is under the keyboard to the right...there are 3 stand off's that ill tape it into...or should i try to get it further towards the screen :?:

mordeith, Apr 28, 2009
  2. mordeith

jerryt

There is not any reported success mounting internal antennas in the bottom case. Too much interference with the motherboard and the coating applied to the inside of the case.

So the two choices would be an external antenna or an antenna in the LCD housing.

jerryt, Apr 28, 2009
  3. mordeith

mordeith

ill wait till i have to dismantle it...for the time being i have it running to just under the screen hinge... i can pick up my neighbors wireless n...so i know i did something right...

mordeith, Apr 28, 2009
  4. mordeith

melhiore

jerryt is right. You can pick-up neighbor network but it's just luck. Placing any aerial under massive pile of electronic noise is always silly - it's just not going to work right...

melhiore, Apr 28, 2009
  5. mordeith

jerryt

The N cards work fine with just two antennas, you don't need the third antenna to get the speed. The third antenna adds more range.

jerryt, Apr 28, 2009
Ask a Question