With or Without Battery?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by hafiz93, Mar 9, 2016.

1. hafiz93

hafiz93

I've been using my laptop for four years and most of the time I use it without the battery. That means I use my laptop with power source. I do this most of the time because I think that my laptop performs better without a battery. But then my friend said that it's just a myth. With or without battery, the performance are the same. The weird thing is I genuinely feel like my laptop is faster without a battery. So am I basically having a placebo? Do you think that laptop runs best with or without a battery, or do you think both gives the same performance?

hafiz93, Mar 9, 2016
  2. hafiz93

vinaya

Whether you use a direct power source or battery to run your laptop the performance is same. I am certain because I also do this. However, using direct power source has an advantage over running through battery power. If you use your battery too much (including numerous times charging in a day, your battery life decreases. However, if you are using from direct power source, you are not using battery thus battery life will increase.

vinaya, Mar 10, 2016
  3. hafiz93

Corzhens

That is the disease of the laptop. When it gets old, the battery is not charging pretty well and it discharges fast so the laptop is better connected to an electrical socket when being used to avoid lowbatt condition. And with the performance, I don't think there is a difference because power supply is practically the same be it battery or electricity. When you are plugged to a socket while using, the battery is also charged.

Corzhens, Mar 10, 2016
  4. hafiz93

IcyBC

I agree with @vinava and @Corzhens that the performance of a laptop has no difference whether it is running on battery or from direct power source. I have used both methods with my older laptop when the original battery stopped charging. I did buy another replacement battery for when I was on the road, but at home, I just plugged it in.

IcyBC, Mar 12, 2016
Ask a Question