wlan does not wake up...

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by splashd, Sep 2, 2008.

1. splashd

splashd

I have a weird problem: When I suspend my AA1, the wlan will not reconnect when the AA1 wakes up. I need to do more research to isolate the conditions, but it appears to happenn consistentlyif I change locations (wlans) that my wifi will not discover the new ssid. The wlan light is on, but itt shows the old ssids (even after a couple of minutes). If I tell it to rescan, I get noo wlans detected.
    Another oddity, that I fear I may have caused by messing with my xfce4-panel settings, is that when I reboot, my lan manager doe not even initialize, unless I hover over the taskbar on the bottom ((I enabled autohide). That is just plain weird.
    Anyone else experience either of these?

splashd, Sep 2, 2008
  2. splashd

annafil

yep it's a known suspend problem...

I'm in the middle of writing a howto on how to get better (AND FASTER) suspend and power management but left my power cord at a friends place so I'll only be able to post it up tomorrow. hang in there

annafil, Sep 2, 2008
  3. splashd

splashd

Well the second part is solved:
    Apparently, if you have auto-hide enabled, and do not hover over the panel on boot (i.e., you let it hide), the auto-lan never connects.
    I disabled auto-hide, and now the lan is dscovered on every boot.
    weird.
    I await the solution to the dead after suspend problem

splashd, Sep 3, 2008
Ask a Question