Won't boot into OSX using battery (iAtkos 5i)

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by flavoredair, Feb 5, 2009.

1. flavoredair

flavoredair

Hi there,

A few weeks ago I followed the guide here to install OS X 10.5.6 via iAtkos 5i. Everything worked fine, although I had to add the "cpus=1" to the boot file. Anyway, I've noticed that when I try to boot with just the battery as the power source (instead of the AC Adapter) I'm never able to boot into OS X. I always get a kernel panic. Anyone know why this happens and if/how I can fix it?

Update: If I boot into "safe mode" by entering -x at the Darwin prompt I boot up into OS X safe mode alright (although Wireless is disabled and it's a bit sluggish). I noticed that when I try and login in verbose mode ( -v ) I'm definitely getting a kernel panic - I just can't translate the dump jibberish to figure out what's crashing. Any assistance would be great.

Thanks much.

flavoredair, Feb 5, 2009
  2. flavoredair

flavoredair

Update... now the damn thing won't even boot into OS X unless I boot into safe mode.

Should I try changing my BL to Voodoo?

flavoredair, Feb 9, 2009
  3. flavoredair

Zetsubou

Might as well try. I have voodoo and i dont get kernel panics. Plus it should be faster anyway.

Zetsubou, Feb 10, 2009
Ask a Question