WON'T CHARGE

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by grand merd, Jul 10, 2009.

1. grand merd

grand merd

I am having problems in that when i plug the charging cable in, it simply won't charge up any more. the red light doesn't go in so there is a probably a loose connection. I have tried plugging it into different sockets and have removed the battery and checked it. Is this happeneing to anyone else? it has done it occasionally in the past but usually resolves it'self. but this time it isn't so any help would be appreciated thanks :)

grand merd, Jul 10, 2009
  2. grand merd

lawesy

hi yep i have the same problem , talking to a repair fella he told me that it is quite common on netbooks if people leave the supply plugged in it tends to overheat and depending on which model melts the solder or damages the wiring from the charging socket , the part should be about a tenner he reckoned , to replace it first the keyboard has to be removed then remove the top case and unplug/desolder socket and replace 'siimples' however i have not been able to completely remove my case as it seems that something is stopping it at the hinges , so if anyone can tell me how to remove the case i can fix it myself once i locate a new socket , hope this helps both ways

lawesy, Jul 10, 2009
  3. grand merd

DutchDK

You need to unscrew all the screws, not just the visible ones :
    Undercasing:
    3 blank screws at the front.
    2 blank screws underneath the rubberfeet at the back.
    3 black screws in the battery bay.

After you then remove the keyboard, you need to remove the screws denoted with a triangle on the top casing where the keyboard was located.

DutchDK, Jul 10, 2009
  4. grand merd

ama1001

Hi,
    I am currently having this problem. The battery was not charging all the time. I mean, sometimes it did not charge while plugged in and other times it was fine. I do have it plugged in all the time. Now, it won't start at all and when I push the power button, the yellow light on the battery blinks but the computer won't start. Would this be a warranty repair? I am in the US.
    Thanks

ama1001, Jul 13, 2009
  5. grand merd

DEB

I can not get mine to charge, I plug it in and the yellow light goes on and off. I can use it pluged up, but not with the battery. Does anyone have the same problem? and if so what do you do for the repair.

DEB, Jul 15, 2009
Ask a Question