WOW Windows 7 is FAST!

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Drjones, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Drjones

Drjones

I really don't know why I was plodding along with Vista for so long, torturing myself.......Windows 7 is SO quick on my 751h with 2GB RAM!

I can actually multi-task now!

Trust me, if you aren't thrilled with your 751's speed, get a copy of Windows 7.

Drjones, Oct 31, 2009
  2. Drjones

Bloodstar

Just out of curiosity, what version of Vista did you have?

I've heard TinyVista wasn't too bad... but then again, no reason to even consider going back if you've got 7 on it.

7's even a noticeable increase over XP, too: I've mentioned Sauerbraten running at a playable speed now, even... (all I need now is a USB mouse because playing an FPS with a touchpad is just ASKING to get yourself killed.)

Bloodstar, Oct 31, 2009
  3. Drjones

Drjones

I had Vista Home Basic, as it shipped from the factory.

Vista gave me many other headaches that I hope will be cured with 7. For example, the oter day I needed to get some work done at a coffee shop, so I plugged in my iPhone to tether it as I have done dozens of times before, plugged it into the same USB port as always too.
    What does Vista do? Acts as if it's never seen my iPhone, starts installing device drivers, and then it still wouldn't connect to the Internet through my iPhone. :evil:

I haven't had the chance to try tethering with my iPhone and 7 yet, but the entire process of connecting to a wireless connection is much, much easier and faster than with Vista, at least when connecting to my home network.

It should be a crime for PC makers to install Vista on a netbook.

Drjones, Oct 31, 2009
  4. Drjones

abaldwin360

Windows 7 is fast!

I went from XP SP-3 to Windows 7 on my AOD150 (with a 2gb ram upgrade in it) and it feels faster than XP and I have full Aero running, not to mention connecting to a wireless network seems quicker, and I love the signal strength indicator in the task bar.

I also have Win 7 running on a older desktop (Pentium 4 3.4Ghz, 2mb ram, GeForce 6600GT with 256mb ram) and it runs beautifully.

All in all I am VERY happy with Windows 7.

abaldwin360, Oct 31, 2009
Ask a Question