xfce desktop icons

Discussion in 'Linux' started by flipflop, Feb 21, 2009.

1. flipflop

flipflop

Good day,

I have just removed the default desktop from my acer one, and now just have a normal looking linux desktop, but when I open an application like firefox, it appears on the taskbar but an icon is created on the desktop as well which dissappears when i close the app? anyone else found this? how do i stop it, as im anal about clean desktops.

flipflop, Feb 21, 2009
  2. flipflop

mulras

Hi,

You can adjust this from the "Desktop Settings" menu from the "Settings" menu.

On the "Behaviour" tab, change the "Desktop Icons" from the drop down box to anything other than "Minimised application icons".

Cheers,

Mulras

mulras, Feb 27, 2009
  3. flipflop

flipflop

thats my other problem when I right click and choose settings > desktop settings, the menu just dissappears and nothing happens.

flipflop, Mar 3, 2009
  4. flipflop

barrie

Hi flipflop,

I can not offer a solution and this issue seems very strange, but it sounds like something has gone wrong with your desktop switching method,
    Does this happen with all right click selections?

[​IMG]

barrie, Mar 3, 2009
  5. flipflop

flipflop

it happens with all of the options under settings. i can right click and select development > netbeans fine for example.

flipflop, Mar 7, 2009
Ask a Question