XFCE4 Panel + Emerald

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by burpitt, Mar 7, 2009.

1. burpitt

burpitt

right ok.. ran into a bit of a problem... i've just ran through this after watchin it on youtube

its a desktop switcher to put you back to the stock linpus desktop (minus the XML GUI).. that all works brilliantly, can't fault it. my problem was that after doing this I became greedy :D and started fiddling with the command:

xfce4-panel -a

if you run this in terminal it gives you an app which lets you add bits to your start bar / task bar / system tray. anyway, all very handy.. but where I'm stuck is once I've added something to see what it is, I can't then remove it!! so anyone have any ideas on how to remove items from there? I tried:

xfce4-panel -r

but sadly there's no remove console haha.. any information on this would be handy!!

also a second minor problem, when I run compiz-manager in terminal, I think I might of clicked something when it first ran, as none of my windows have title bars, so i can't click and drag to move, resize/maximize, close etc... (yes alt+f4 :p) so again, anyone who can shed some light on that issue would be greatly appreciated!!

burpitt, Mar 7, 2009
  2. burpitt

burpitt

i've found out that to remove items unintentionally added to your panel bar you only have to enter into panel edit mode by running

xfce4-panel -a

in the terminal window... then you can drag icons you've like to remove back into the window..

hope this helps someone!!

PS still have the toolbar problem with emerald tho atm!!

thanks

burpitt, Mar 7, 2009
  3. burpitt

infoteksec

I completely screwed my task bar but eventually managed to get something together I could use. All that was missing was the desktop switching icon.

I decided the easiest way to recover it was to uninstall the desktop-switcher RPM and reinstall it. I was delighted to find the original task bar was reinstated with all the right icons in all the right places.

Peter

infoteksec, Apr 29, 2009
  4. burpitt

henryorlando

To get the minimise/maximise etc when you run Compiz, make sure that the Window Decoration option is ticked in the Compiz Manager Settings, I had that problem but randomly fixed it by doing that

Henry

henryorlando, May 1, 2009
  5. burpitt

infoteksec

henry - your're bl**dy brilliant. I had the same problem as the original poster in that the title bar was absent. Your fix worked a treat.

It never occurred to be to look under "Effects" for the option.

Peter

infoteksec, May 1, 2009
  6. burpitt

safo

Hello gusy, im having the same problem ith compiz, it worked what Henry posted, but well ill start by saying that after running compiz with Terminal, and fix the bug, if i try to close the Terminal windos where i ran compiz, the title bar desapears again,, hy is it? is there a ay to close that windows termianl but keeping the effect working well?, thanks a lot!

safo, May 22, 2009
Ask a Question