xfce4 panel problems

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by ArievH, Dec 26, 2008.

1. ArievH

ArievH

Hello everybody,
    I've really learned a lot at this forum!! :D It's really great, but...
    My AAO now came up with a problem that I can't solve.....

I've got the xfce4-desktop running, so I left the Linpus-desktop behind me and I'm very satisfied with it.
    There are two problems however that I really would like to solve:
    1. When I start an application (doesn't matter what app it is) the XFCE4-panel shows the application TWICE!
    2. For some reason right-clic on a panel-item doesn't work anymore????? (So I can't add items to the panel, or edit, etc. Ofcourse this can be done in terminal by typing: xfce4-panel -a, but at first, shortly after I switched to xfce-desktop, right-clic DID work. And I found that very conveniant! (f.y.i.: right-clic on a DESKTOP-item DOES work, on the panel however, not!) :?:

Any help or advice would be greately appriciated!!!

Greetz
    Arie

ArievH, Dec 26, 2008
  2. ArievH

ArievH

Hello everybody,
    I took a real close look at the panel during booting and it seems to me that the panel is devided in two parts, devided by the same "line" as the "line" that is to be seen directly besides the XFCE-menu button.
    After booting, however, that line disappears.
    It seems like, in my opinion at least (and me being a complete rookie in Linux.. :?: ) that the panel is started TWICE by the system.
    Is that possible?

A screenshot can be found here: http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image ... sueia2.jpg
    (As you can see on the panel, firefox shows TWO times, while it really runs only once!)

right-clic:
    I still was not able to solve this issue either.
    Is there anybody out there that could help me?
    Please???

Greetz
    Arie

ArievH, Dec 27, 2008
Ask a Question