xfce4-sensors-plugin

Discussion in 'Linux' started by eks, Oct 12, 2008.

1. eks

eks

Hellos,

Probably a very lame question but...

I'm looking to enable a CPU temperature monitor before trying to use the scripts to control the fan. I've installed the xfce4-sensors-plugin but there doesn't seem to be a way to enable them. I supose the panel it's mentinoned everywhere is the bottom bar, right? On Gnome is just a matter of right click and add to panel, but not on AAO Linpus. Where should I add it?

I've tried the "Panel Manager" (Gestore dei Panelli on the Italian version), but it just, and only, allows to add a new panel... :?: :?: :?:

eks

eks, Oct 12, 2008
  2. eks

runoverdog

I tried today to install lm-sensors and xfce4-sensors-plugins. When install was finished, I could see and select the plugin as usual (without problems). The next step was to open a terminal and configure sensors launching the command
    Code:
    $ sudo sensors-detect
    but the script can't found any sensor compatible with the actually managed chipsets on the project, so the most I can see is the title Sensors in the place where I put the xfce plugin. Maybe soon our chipset will be supported. I tried too HD temperature sensor hddtemp which run ok, at least you can check your internal HDD temperature by launching:
    Code:
    $ hddtemp /dev/sda

runoverdog, Nov 19, 2008
  3. eks

markh

markh, Nov 19, 2008
  4. eks

runoverdog

runoverdog, Dec 1, 2008
  5. eks

woogal

woogal, Dec 2, 2008