Xine not seeing installed plugins

Discussion in 'Linux' started by grandiose_delusion, Mar 28, 2009.

1. grandiose_delusion

grandiose_delusion

I have searched the forum for similar problems and while there are a few, none seem applicable to my problem.

I have installed amarok, and xine-libs with it. However amarok is not playing .wma files. Numerous searches suggest I should install the mplayer codec package into "/usr/lib/win32" but this had no effect.

I believe the standard media player (media master) uses an mplayer backend, and as this can already play wma files, I assume the codecs are already present on my aspire one somewhere. I can't find them though or I would try the next suggestion of linking them to "/usr/lib/win32".

Having a look about "/usr/lib/xine/plugins/1.24" I see there is a file "xineplug_decode_w32dll.so" which I assume is the file I need but for some reason amarok is not seeing it. Is there anyway to set xine to see the installed plugin.

grandiose_delusion, Mar 28, 2009
Ask a Question