Xorg segfault at 3ff

Discussion in 'Linux' started by tmsilver62, Dec 29, 2008.

1. tmsilver62

tmsilver62

I got an Acer Aspire One 150 for Christmas. I've installed Xubuntu 8.10, and things are working well except for one display problem. Both times it has happened have been related to games - the first time with Supertux, and the second with Freecell solitaire. One second, the screen is fine, the next X keeps crashing - reset, crash, reset, crash - and all the time with a display that looks like the sync rates are off. Trying Ctrl-Alt-Bksp doesn't do anything. Flipping to a console terminal using Ctrl-Alt-F2 still shows a corrupted display, but I can type in username, password, and then sudo reboot, password again, and the system reboots just fine.

Both games function normally most of the time.

The /var/log/messages file displays the Xorg errors that seem to coincide with the problems. An example:

Code:
    Dec 28 22:23:56 comp-name kernel: [  226.099178] Xorg[5818]: segfault at 3ff ip b7a38d64 sp bfe58ac0 error 4 in libdri.so[b7a35000+8000]

I'm at a loss as to where to go next. I've done some digging on libdri.so, but so far nothing that looks related. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
    Michael

tmsilver62, Dec 29, 2008
Ask a Question